Going to a doctor who puts you at ease can actually improve your health. Here are six tips from NPR for finding a primary care doctor you click with — and how you can make the most out of that relationship. Click here to read more behind the tips below:
- Figure out what type of patient you are, and let that guide your choice of doctor.
- Seek out a doctor who makes you feel comfortable.
- When you go to the doctor, go prepared.
- Be clear about your agenda.
- Be yourself at the doctor’s office.
- You have a right to give your doctor feedback. But if things aren’t working, don’t be afraid to break up.