Spring is the perfect time of year to refresh your environment — and your look. Here are five ways to brighten up for the season:
1. Go short or long or natural. Whatever your regular hairstyle is, try something new, whether it’s cut or color.
2. Add a pop of color. Pantone’s spring 2016 colors include fun shades like buttercup, fiesta and peach echo. Don’t break the bank, just add a shade with a new tank or accessory. Mixing and matching a fabulous finds with existing items in your closet will make it look as if you’ve been on a shopping spree — without the expense.
3. Pick a healthy new polish. Get rid of your usual color and go for something new and natural. Scotch Naturals non-toxic polish in Whisper is our seasonal favorite.
4. Change your signature scent — at least for the season. Consider a new perfume or cologne with floral or fruity undertones that evoke the freshness or spring.
5. Love a new lipstick. Try a new gloss or lipstick like MAC’s new “Ravishingly Rich,” an orange that looks like a fresh-picked poppy. ($23).
About Fierce Fridays — Tips for Weekend Well-Being
We each cherish those precious days off at the end of the week, but increasingly those of us who are charter members of the sisterhood of the stressed and overworked are losing our Saturday and Sunday leisure time to weekend work and domestic duties.
To make sure that you do something every weekend that’s just for you, we’ll be sharing a little advice to make those 48 hours a great time to recharge your batteries, bring a little good news and fun into your life, or discover a quick and easy way to improve your health.